Friday, June 26, 2009

John Maraia Speaks to the Members

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I want to express my gratitude to all of the membership for your support. I look forward to your continued support as we work together to move forward and encourage you to participate in uniting the Local once again.

I am dedicated to working diligently and professionally with all elected officials to continue to run this Local effectively and always protect the interests of the membership.

I have scheduled a meeting for Monday June 29th with all the elected officials of the Local so we are already on our way to putting this Local back together. I believe it is in everyone’s best interest for us to begin to immediately look ahead and bridge the gaps that have developed.

Regrettably, I have not received a favorable response from all elected officials and one particular newly elected Executive Board member informed my office that he was directed not to attend.

I will continue to work for the good of the entire membership. Again, thank you for your support.

Fraternally yours,
John Maraia
Business Manager/Financial Secretary